The right things you should do after a severe accident has a significant role in your safe and fast recovery. The critical accident can be unpredictable and confusing. That is why following some gentle reminders is advice to protect yourself from future mistakes regarding your well-being, health, and claiming your compensation. We will discuss the checklist that you should follow once you encountered an accident.
What to do right after you involved in a severe accident?
- Call 911 – everyone’s well-being should be considered first. For an instance that you or somebody else is in need of an immediate response to medication due to severe injuries, call 911 immediately. Seeking for medical attention is important. You might feel okay after the first aid, but there are effects that you might feel after a few days such as discomforts, numbness, dizziness, and pain. It doesn’t just simply help you to recover from your injuries but also it can strengthen your evidence for your personal injury claim. The most efficient way is to see your doctor straight away and do not let it ignored because it might be hard for you to prove the accident.
- Get a police report – There are times that police don’t go to the scene. Having a medical record in your hand will benefit you as the process starts rolling.
- Take detailed notes about your medical records and damages – Jotting down the details will help you get the reimbursement you need from your insurance company. Make sure to list the names and addresses of the professional doctors, physical therapist, chiropractors and other professional you have visited after the accident.
- Keep receipts – gather all the receipts that you used for medication prescribed by your doctor or assistive devices that were needed. Including the medical bills, special foods, special equipment, travel expenses, and co-payments.
- A daily diary or a journal – make sure you indicated every single detail of inconvenience and pain that you had experience with the injuries.
- Gather files which include the correspondence that you had with your attending physician.
- Name and addresses of witnesses
- Take photos – Pictures that you should make must contain:
- The information about the accident – take a snap of the location where the accident has happened.
- Photo’s of your property damages – take several shots to different angles. Take a long distance shot and the close-up of the damaged property.
- Proof of financial losses.
- Photos of your injuries – Ask someone to take a picture of your wounds. This pictures will help you in resolving the case in the future. If you decide to hire an accident claim lawyer, pictures are adequate evidence for the allegation.
Personal injury cases are emotional and scary. You should educate yourself when it comes to this complicated matter. Knowing the do’s and don’ts is essential in case we meet an accident. Seeking a wrongful death lawyer may help you to give you legal advice this kind of situations.